[CentOS] more questions on setting up autofs on C7

Fri Aug 25 01:55:18 UTC 2017
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 08:53:17PM -0700, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 08/23/2017 02:31 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> >do I need to reboot or something to get autofs to forget about them
> >being in /mnt?
>

> No, you need to figure out what program, not autofs, is trying to
> access /mnt/syno-fredex and /mnt/syno-public.
>
> You moved the mounts, but some program still expects those paths to
> exist.  autofs is just telling you that some other program is still
> looking in that location.

Gordon, thanks for the followup.

I have a desktop icon for opening a window in each of those two mounts
(the mounts occur at system boot), the icons are backed up by .desktop files:

cat NAS-fredex.desktop
#!/usr/bin/env xdg-open

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Link
Icon[en_US]=system-logo-icon
Name[en_US]=NAS-fredex
URL=/mounts/syno-fredex
Name=NAS-fredex
Icon=/usr/share/icons/mate/48x48/places/network_local.png

cat NAS-public.desktop
#!/usr/bin/env xdg-open

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Link
Icon[en_US]=system-logo-icon
Name[en_US]=NAS-public
URL=/mounts/syno-public
Name=NAS-public
Icon=/usr/share/icons/mate/48x48/places/network_local.png

if I click one of those then run systemctl status autofs I see one
of those errors show up. If I click on it again, there are two
errors. if I click on the other one, a third error shows up.

nothing else I've tried seems to cause them to show up.

as you can see, neither of them refers to the old mount point on /mnt.

I know you can't look thru my  computer and see what's wrong, but I'm
puzzl-ified, since /mnt/syno-public isn't mentioned anywhere in the
.desktop files. If you can think of anything else that might be happening,
I'd appreciate your wisdom.

thanks once again!

Fred

                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked