[CentOS] spice client?

Wed Aug 30 18:05:18 UTC 2017
hw <hw at gc-24.de>

milos.blazevic wrote:
> A VM can have spice console listen only on the loopback interface, so the only way to connect would be to tunnel the spice connection via SSH. This is so 'by design'.

I specified to listen on all addresses --- in my understanding, that
are the addresses of the host rather than those of any particular VM.

> You'll certainly need an SSH keypair for authentication along with the ssh-agent (if your private key is password protected). I'm using something like:

That´s way too complicated and awkward.

Why would I use ssh-agent?  Specifying a passphrase to use a key means that
I do *not* want everything/everyone to be able to use it.  Not specifying a
passphrase shouldn´t require an ssh-agent.

And how would I set this up, i. e. how would I tell the spice-client which
keys to use, and how the host which keys to use?  It´s not like I´m providing
a user name to the host I´m connecting to which would allow it to pick a key.

Then there are five bazillion different versions of encryption methods and the
overall extreme difficulty to deal with it.

In this case, no encryption is needed.  That is my decision, and if spice thinks
it could make that decision for me, it needs to be fixed.