[CentOS] GCC 4.9 in CentOS 7 ??

Alice Wonder alice at domblogger.net
Tue Feb 7 09:42:15 UTC 2017

Yeah, I'm not fond of the new model for building packages by doing a git
checkout to get the spec files and sources and other stuff.

The software collections looks like it might interfere with some of my
own packaging (repos that build upon EPEL to provide modern server stack
based on LibreSSL and a repo for modern multimedia)

I did find the newer gcc src.rpm but it looks like it has a lot of build
dependencies also part of the software collection model, so I think I
just have to accept that latest mkvtools are not for me.