[CentOS] GCC 4.9 in CentOS 7 ??

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 15:34:48 UTC 2017

On 02/07/2017 01:42 AM, Alice Wonder wrote:
> The software collections looks like it might interfere with some of my
> own packaging (repos that build upon EPEL to provide modern server
> stack based on LibreSSL and a repo for modern multimedia)

Where do you see a conflict?  Those packages are structured to avoid
conflict with the base platform, but installing into an alternate root
(/opt/rh/<package collection>) and are normally active only when
specifically enabled in a login session. That is, they're available when
wanted but don't affect the system when they aren't.