[CentOS] Wich web browser on CentOS6 ?

Tru Huynh tru at centos.org
Fri Feb 10 12:17:44 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 12:26:14PM +0100, Patrick Begou wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have more and more troubles using firefox in professional
> environment with CentOS6. The latest version is 45.7.0 But I can't
> use it anymore to access some old server hardware (IDRAC7 of DELL
> C6100) because of "/SSL_ERROR_WEAK_SERVER_CERT_KEY/".  I had to
> install an old Firefox32 version to administrate these servers.

Can you try: (in Firefox's about:config):
possible workaround for SSL_ERROR_WEAK_SERVER_CERT_KEY
    security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_128_sha
    security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_256_sha

> Today I upgrade the firmware of 2 DELL switch and now Firefox cannot
> connect to them anymore saying:
> /An error occurred during a connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. The
> server rejected the handshake because the client downgraded to a
> lower TLS version than the server supports//
> //SSL_ERROR_INAPPROPRIATE_FALLBACK_ALERT

possible workaround for SSL_ERROR_INAPPROPRIATE_FALLBACK_ALERT
    security.tls.version.max 3 -> 1

You might want to revert for safer browsing, after.

> /Is there a CentOS6 recommended web browser allowing continuous
> connections to olds and new base level (and local) system
> administration services ?
maybe different profiles with differents security setup?

Cheers

Tru
--
Tru Huynh