[CentOS] Centos7 and old Bind bug

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 20:15:58 UTC 2017

>> It's probably safe to specify some range of higher numbered ports:
>>
>>   use-v4-udp-ports { range 10240 65535; };
>>   use-v6-udp-ports { range 10240 65535; };
>
> But that is not the ports that I am seeing in logwatch:

Yes, I know.  The work-around in the bug report specifies which ports to
exclude, but it doesn't include some of the ports you saw in your logs,
so it won't solve the problem entirely.  If you instead specify the
ports that are allowed, and use a higher range of ports, the work-around
should be more reliable.