[CentOS] Problems installing packages from the CD

Thu Feb 23 11:24:54 UTC 2017
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

So I did a minimal install of centos 7 vm guest just to find out it did not
install perl. Since as of right now I have no properly functioning network
on that machine (different issue; we can talk about that in another post),
I went for the next best thing: install CD.

I grabbed the CentOS-7-x86_64-Everything-1611.iso CD (around 8GB), attached
it to the guest, and mounted it on /mnt. Then I edited the

cat /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo
# CentOS-Media.repo
#
#  This repo can be used with mounted DVD media, verify the mount point for
#  CentOS-7.  You can use this repo and yum to install items directly off
the
#  DVD ISO that we release.
#
# To use this repo, put in your DVD and use it with the other repos too:
#  yum --enablerepo=c7-media [command]
#
# or for ONLY the media repo, do this:
#
#  yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=c7-media [command]

[c7-media]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Media
baseurl=file:///mnt/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-7

I then run

yum clean all

and then decided to look for perl only on the cd repo, i.e.

yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=c7-media search perl

It gave me back the pcre package, which is already installed. I did check
the /mnt.Packages dir and there are plenty of perl-related packages
including itself.

yum --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=c7-media list all

shows only installed packages, some of which are shown (?) to have been
installed from c7-media.