[CentOS] OT: hardware, IBM 3650 M2 won't power on

Thu Feb 23 12:52:30 UTC 2017
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

On 02/22/17 18:08, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 2/22/2017 1:51 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> That's what I was saying - I tried connecting to it from another server in
>> the rack, and it's supposed to show a web page, but I can't ping it, and
>> firefox times out trying to connect to the default IP of 192.168.70.125.
>
> a default IP like that only works if the host connecting to it is on the same
> IP subnet and physical LAN segment, unless your routers know to route
> 192.168.70.0/24 to that physical segment. set a laptop to 192.168.70.10 mask
> 255.255.255.0 and plug a ethernet cable in directly between the IPMI/BMC
> management network port and the laptop, THEN try and connect to the web thingie.

Are you saying that if I plug a cable in an unused port on one server, use
ifconfig to give it an IP of 192.168.70.10, and plug the other end into the
problem server's management port, and try to ping it, it won't work?

	mark