[CentOS] OT: hardware, IBM 3650 M2 won't power on

Thu Feb 23 00:22:38 UTC 2017
FrancisM <francis at mytechrepublic.com>

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 at 07:08, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 2/22/2017 1:51 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> > That's what I was saying - I tried connecting to it from another server
> in
> > the rack, and it's supposed to show a web page, but I can't ping it, and
> > firefox times out trying to connect to the default IP of 192.168.70.125.
>
> a default IP like that only works if the host connecting to it is on the
> same IP subnet and physical LAN segment, unless your routers know to
> route 192.168.70.0/24 to that physical segment. set a laptop to
> 192.168.70.10 mask 255.255.255.0 and plug a ethernet cable in directly
> between the IPMI/BMC management network port and the laptop, THEN try
> and connect to the web thingie.
>

> --
> john r pierce, recycling bits in santa cruz

Just sharing my two cents. make sure the casing cover of that server is
close before you power-on again theres a sensor in that will preventing to
not powering on if the server case cover is remove.
--

Regards
./Francis

~The future has many paths - choose wisely.. ./StarWars:CloneWars
~If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are..
./Master Shifu