[CentOS] rpm conflict on new install

Fri Feb 3 15:19:06 UTC 2017
Gary Stainburn <gary at ringways.co.uk>

On Friday 03 February 2017 15:06:38 John Hodrien wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Feb 2017, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > Googling shows that a number of people seem to be suffering from this but
> > doesn't seem to give a solution.  Does anyone have any suggestion?
>
> It's been mentioned on this list before.
>
> Google: site:lists.centos.org freeipa conflict
>
> jh

Cheers John,  I did find that one after sending the post, but it still doesn't
give a solution. It just says that they're going to fix 'yum' but that was in
November and it's still broken.

I did see one post that said that ipaclient isn't needed and that it can be
removed.  I've done this and the errors have gone away.

Unfortunately I still have the problem where 'yum check' is taking in excess
of 5 minutes though