[CentOS] rpm conflict on new install

Fri Feb 3 15:32:27 UTC 2017
John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk>

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Cheers John,  I did find that one after sending the post, but it still doesn't
> give a solution. It just says that they're going to fix 'yum' but that was in
> November and it's still broken.
>
> I did see one post that said that ipaclient isn't needed and that it can be
> removed.  I've done this and the errors have gone away.

As quoted in the bugzilla:

"This seems to break _neither_ installation _nor_ update. From that  point of
view everything seems to be fine."

It's not a priority fix, because it doesn't actually cause a problem.  It's an
unnecessary warning message.  That's the only consequence, a warning message.

> Unfortunately I still have the problem where 'yum check' is taking in excess
> of 5 minutes though

Exactly how long *should* yum check take?  In the vein of "Doctor, Doctor, it
hurts when I do this", well, stop doing that.

Is running yum check something you like to do often?

jh