[CentOS] Serious attack vector on pkcheck ignored by Red Hat

Thu Feb 9 22:40:24 UTC 2017
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 02/09/2017 02:27 PM, Warren Young wrote:
> I’m with Gordon: someone certainly should fix this problem for its own sake, but don’t try to strong-arm Red Hat into doing it for you because Security.
>
> Way too many bad things are done Because Security.

My larger concern is that there *does* seem to be a security issue with
pkexec that has at least two very simple fixes, and that issue isn't
being addressed because of the noise involved in arguing about pkcheck.
There's no security problem in pkcheck, and all of the time spent
insisting that there is serves to further delay fixing pkexec.