[CentOS] CentOS 7, systemd, NetworkMangler, oh, my

Tue Feb 14 16:07:55 UTC 2017

Johnny Hughes wrote:
<snip>
> I get it .. but no one needed a hand held cell phone before 1973 and no
> one needed a smart phone before 2007.  Now, almost everyone has a smart
> cell and land lines are dying.  Technology moves forward.  People want
> integrated cloud, container, SDN technology, etc.  Used a VCR or
> Cassette Player lately?

I have no intention of *ever* getting an annoyaphone - I'm online all day
at work, before I go to work, and most evenings, in front of a *real*
computer. My cell's a flipphone, and I *LOATHE* texts... because the
protocol was developed for freakin' pagers, and after a job 20 years ago,
I don't EVER want that again.

And my land line phone has *much* better voice quality than any cell/mobile.*

And yes, I very happily have my VCR, for all the tapes I have, and a good
dual cassette deck (OK, I do want to burn them to disk... along with my
200-300 vinyl records...oh, that's right, vinyl's coming back. <g>

      mark, who's older than a lot of you