[CentOS] Problems with latest Firefox update -- can't install new extensions

Wed Feb 15 10:25:55 UTC 2017
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 02/12/2017 03:15 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> Since the latest Firefox update to 45.7.0 on my CentOS 6.8 system, I can
> no longer install add-ons/extensions. Things LOOK like they're working
> but the extensions don't get stored in my normal area and they don't
> appear in my Add-Ons menu. Is anyone else having this issue?
>
> It has been a while since I added any new extensions so I can't say WHEN
> exactly this problem happened but .... :(

I don't have any CentOS-6 desktops anymore, but I did a desktop install
into a VM and installed firefox and the flash plugin from adobe.. seemed
to work OK.

I also installed firessh extension as a test.  That also worked fine.
This extension was installed in my home directory under:

<home_dir>/.mozilla/extensions/