[CentOS] Problems with latest Firefox update -- can't install new extensions

Wed Feb 15 21:10:13 UTC 2017
Kay Schenk <kay.schenk at gmail.com>

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 2:25 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> On 02/12/2017 03:15 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> > Since the latest Firefox update to 45.7.0 on my CentOS 6.8 system, I can
> > no longer install add-ons/extensions. Things LOOK like they're working
> > but the extensions don't get stored in my normal area and they don't
> > appear in my Add-Ons menu. Is anyone else having this issue?
> >
> > It has been a while since I added any new extensions so I can't say WHEN
> > exactly this problem happened but .... :(
>
> I don't have any CentOS-6 desktops anymore, but I did a desktop install
> into a VM and installed firefox and the flash plugin from adobe.. seemed
> to work OK.
>
> I also installed firessh extension as a test.  That also worked fine.
> This extension was installed in my home directory under:
>
> <home_dir>/.mozilla/extensions/

​Thanks for the reply. The "normal" plug-ins are fine. It's the "Add-Ons"
that are my problem. I've got some "odd" ones, and am still trying to
determine if some of my privacy setting  might have any bearing. So far, no
joy with the ones I've tried, even checking Mozilla's black list, etc. ​

​If I discover anything more worthwhile in this regard, I'll re-post here.​