[CentOS] CentOS 7 install on one RAID 1

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 17:37:12 UTC 2017

On 01/24/2017 08:33 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>     I'm building a new box, and I want three partitions - /boot, /, and
> swap, on*one*  RAID 1, not three separate partitions. Other than
> <alt-f2> mdadm...,*is*  there any way in the graphical installer to do
> this? All I see is a way to make three separate partitions.

I don't know the answer to that question, but what I can tell you is
that I handle software RAID setup in kickstart, creating the partitions
manually, so that I can replace drives using a shell script.  Making the
partitions predictable means there's less of a chance that I'll make
errors during drive replacement, and that I can pass that duty on to
less experienced co-workers without worrying about it.

https://bitbucket.org/gordonmessmer/kickstart/src