[CentOS] CentOS 7 install on one RAID 1 [SOLVED]

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Jan 24 19:10:04 UTC 2017

Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 01/24/2017 08:33 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>     I'm building a new box, and I want three partitions - /boot, /, and
>> swap, on*one*  RAID 1, not three separate partitions. Other than
>> <alt-f2> mdadm...,*is*  there any way in the graphical installer to do
>> this? All I see is a way to make three separate partitions.

If that wasn't clear, I meant to make the two drives into a single RAID 1,
*then* partition that for root, swap, and boot.

> I don't know the answer to that question, but what I can tell you is
> that I handle software RAID setup in kickstart, creating the partitions
> manually, so that I can replace drives using a shell script.  Making the
<snip>
Trouble is, it's for this one box. Next box, or the one after, will be
happy with the kickstart as it is.

The solved part: I did the <alt-F2> and created the RAID 1. I went back to
the GUI, and tried to rescan... it didn't find it, didn't show any drives,
then it showed the two real drives... then it gagged, and crashed, and
rebooted. HOWEVER, when I tried the next time, anaconda's probing found
the RAID, and I'm installing now.

*phew*

         mark