[CentOS] Firefox Issue

Thu Jan 12 12:40:42 UTC 2017
Leonard den Ottolander <leonard at den.ottolander.nl>

Hi Paul,

On Wed, 2017-01-11 at 12:43 +0000, Always Learning wrote:
> Goeiemiddag Leonard,

Heh :) . I was just thinking yesterday, "lekker ananas" :-) .

> One could say the host name, 4-3-2-1-static.friendly-ip.com, is
> not absolutely required in the 1.2.3.4 virtual host file.
>
> Not knowing whether all access attempts to the IP host name will always
> be directed to the 1.2.3.4 virtual host file, I included the host name.

After replying to your mail I realized that I've been using a fallback
on my server for quite while now. Not a redirect to localhost, but a
fallback page.

The fact that all this stuff just works makes you forget the details. So
I looked it up, and indeed, you do *not* need to specify the specific
host name(s). I use a catch all virtual host

<VirtualHost 176.9.136.165:80>
    ServerName 176.9.136.165

which catches web access to a.o. mail.ottolander.nl and
kelapa.ottolander.nl (coconuts not pineapples these days ;) ) without
having to specify each domain name individually.

Regards,
Leonard.