[CentOS] Network Storage

Thu Jan 12 22:32:04 UTC 2017

TE Dukes wrote:

> I have looked into the various network attached storage devices and
> software based solutions.
>
> Can't really find one I like.
>
> Would it be possible to add a couple HDs to my existing 6.8 server and set
> them up as RAID drives?  If so, how would I keep it from mirroring the
> system drive?

Of course, and you need to read up on RAID a bit.

Try this trick, if you've got a big enough tower case: buy a couple of
hot-swap drive bays from Microcenter, about $30 each. Then buy a couple of
WD Reds - whatever TB you can afford. Install the hot swap bays, stick the
drives in, and use Linux RAID to set them up, either as a mirror (RAID 1),
or RAID 0, I think.

Then just partition it using parted, and have fstab mount it wherever you
want.

      mark