[CentOS] Unable to edit resolv.conf

Fri Jan 13 13:58:43 UTC 2017
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

On 01/13/2017 05:50 AM, Albert McCann wrote:
> [...]

I've tried to figure out how to get Network Manager to leave various
configuration files alone and just gave up - resorting to cron job
running as root every minute fixing them if they have been modified.

I wish there was better documentation on how Network Manager is
configured because I can't figure out how to get it to behave.

My home router - the caching nameserver it uses doesn't enforce DNSSEC
and crashes about once a week, requiring a restart. So I just don't use
it except for my phone and tablet, and just run unbound on my local
machines, but Network Manager keeps trying to use the nameserver
assigned by the router DHCP (which is the router) and other than a once
a minute cron job, can't figure out how to tell Network Manager to
ignore the nameserver setting.