[CentOS] time zone

Tue Jan 31 21:44:17 UTC 2017
Richard <lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net>

> Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 16:02:37 -0500
> From: TE Dukes <tdukes at palmettoshopper.com>
>
> Today, I started getting this error when trying to login to
> zoneminder:
>
> ZoneMinder is not installed properly: php's date.timezone is not
> set to a valid timezone
>
> Zoneminder has been running since last Wednesday when I installed
> it. Today, I get this.
>
> In /etc/php.ini, I have date.timezone = America/New_York, which I
> added when zoneminder was installed.
>
> Output from date: Tue Jan 31 15:56:26 EST 2017
>
> Output from ll /etc/localtime: lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 38 Jan 25
> 19:05 /etc/localtime -> ../usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York
>
> Been searching for hours for another file that may be overriding
> php.ini

Put a simple php page on your/the server (where zoneminder is
running) with the "phpinfo()" function, and then look at the timezone
information in the "date" section of the output.

If it isn't showing the correct value, check the location of the
php.ini that is being used in the "Loaded Configuration File" value
toward the top of that output.

By default, php doesn't use the system's TZ,