[CentOS] time zone

Tue Jan 31 21:59:32 UTC 2017
TE Dukes <tdukes at palmettoshopper.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: CentOS [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Richard
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 4:44 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] time zone

> Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 16:02:37 -0500
> From: TE Dukes <tdukes at palmettoshopper.com>
>
> Today, I started getting this error when trying to login to
> zoneminder:
>
> ZoneMinder is not installed properly: php's date.timezone is not set
> to a valid timezone
>
> Zoneminder has been running since last Wednesday when I installed it.
> Today, I get this.
>
> In /etc/php.ini, I have date.timezone = America/New_York, which I
> added when zoneminder was installed.
>
> Output from date: Tue Jan 31 15:56:26 EST 2017
>
> Output from ll /etc/localtime: lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 38 Jan 25
> 19:05 /etc/localtime -> ../usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York
>
> Been searching for hours for another file that may be overriding
> php.ini

Put a simple php page on your/the server (where zoneminder is
running) with the "phpinfo()" function, and then look at the timezone
information in the "date" section of the output.

If it isn't showing the correct value, check the location of the php.ini
that is being used in the "Loaded Configuration File" value toward the top
of that output.

By default, php doesn't use the system's TZ,

Hello,

I did, it shows the error about not being correctly set:

Warning: phpinfo(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone
settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods
and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the
timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set
date.timezone to select your timezone. in /var/www/html/phpinfo.php on line
4

Why would it just start doing this?