[CentOS] Problem with ipa-client

Tue Jul 4 15:00:27 UTC 2017
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.STONEHAM.ma.us>

On Tue, Jul 04, 2017 at 07:32:51AM +0200, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's the warning that Yum currently displays:
>
> ** Found 3 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
> ipa-client-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.7.x86_64 has installed conflicts
> freeipa-client: ipa-client-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.7.x86_64
> ipa-client-common-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.7.noarch has installed conflicts
> freeipa-client-common: ipa-client-common-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.7.noarch
> ipa-common-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.7.noarch has installed conflicts
> freeipa-common: ipa-common-4.4.0-14.el7.centos.7.noarch
>
> Any suggestions what I can do about that? (BTW, I don't use IPA)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki

Niki:

I'm not an IPA user, so I may be speaking through my hat here, but...

on my Centos-7 box I find only ipa- files installed, and yum list available
shows only ipa- packages, i.e., none of them are freeipa-packages.

they are all listed as coming from CentOS repositories.

there are no freeipa- packages avilable.

I note that RedHat is listed, when one googles for freeipa, as the
sponsor of the freeipa project, but I don't know where/how they ship
it. clearly not in RHEL ('cause if they did, CentOS would have it).

You (or someone) must have intentionally installed freeipa packages
either from some other repo, or by grabbing RPMs from somewhere
and manually installing.

If you can tell whether it is ipa- or freeipa- that is actually running
on your box, you could "yum remove" the others.

and of course, if you remove ipa- and leave freeipa- then you are on
your own as far as receiving updates.

Good luck!

Fred
                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."