[CentOS] ntsysv and chkconfig update error

Thu Jul 6 15:08:39 UTC 2017
Mark Haney <mark.haney at neonova.net>

We have a couple of CentOS 7 boxes that were built before I was hired to
clean up the kickstart script used for C7 boxes.  We had a couple of rpm
packages that were pre-C7 that were used and setup the old SysV Init way
using ntsysv and chkconfig on these boxes. (I finally fixed that in the
newer scripts.)  These are out in the field and I'm having to deal with
them as they are.  One thing I'm having trouble with is updating them
without this error:

> Error: Package: ntsysv-1.7.2-1.el7_3.1.x86_64 (updates)
>            Requires: chkconfig = 1.7.2-1.el7_3.1
>            Installed: chkconfig-1.3.61-4.el7.x86_64 (@anaconda)
>                chkconfig = 1.3.61-4.el7
>  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
> ** Found 1 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
> ntsysv-1.7.2-1.el7.x86_64 has missing requires of chkconfig = ('0',
> '1.7.2', '1.el7')

Now, I've verified the chkconfig v1.7.2 package is available on the
mirror we're using, I've rebuilt the RPM database and nothing has
worked.  I'm not even sure what the problem is at this point. Anyone
have any ideas?

--
Mark Haney
Network Engineer at NeoNova