[CentOS] installer with centosplus kernel?

Thu Jul 20 20:27:07 UTC 2017
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On 2017-06-23, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> On 06/22/2017 04:36 PM, Keith Keller wrote:
>> Is there any way to get a CentOS 7 ISO with the centosplus kernel?
>
> If you are physically near the machine, just plugging in and mounting a
> thumb drive with the said RPMs copied to it and doing:
>
> yum install
><mounted_path>/kernel-plus-3.10.0-514.21.2.el7.centos.plus.x86_64.rpm

Just for the record, I was able to attempt this today.  The only two
minor problems I had was that yum complained about being unable to reach
the network (since the kernel didn't have the forcedeth driver that make
sense) and rpm complaining about slightly old packages for dracut,
linux-firmware, xfsprogs, and one more I don't remember (my install DVD
was a little old).  Using rpm --nodeps -i worked fine, after a reboot my
ancient box was on the network, and I was able to yum update from there.

Thanks for your help on this!

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us