[CentOS] TeX Live on CentOS 7

Fri Jul 21 06:28:55 UTC 2017
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Hi,

I just installed the OpenVAS vulnerability scanner on my CentOS 7
workstation. Everything seems to work fine, except PDF generation. The
'openvas-check-setup' script tells me that PDF generation works fine,
but whenever I want to generate a report, the result is unusable and
can't open in Evince or Okular.

After googling a bit, I found out that several users complained that Tex
Live is broken under RHEL/CentOS 7.

While I did use LaTeX a long time ago to write documents, I don't use it
anymore nowadays (just Markdown or LibreOffice). But I do need a working
installation of TeX Live for OpenVAS PDF reports.

What can I do now? Perform a manual installation of TeX Live with their
provided installer (to /opt) and then blacklist all texlive* packages? I
admit I'm a bit surprised that a distribution like RHEL/CentOS that
prises quality wouldn't provide a working TeX Live in their package
repositories.

Any suggestions?

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat