[CentOS] What RH-like on a Dell XPS 15 (9590)?

Thu Jul 27 21:13:50 UTC 2017
Leroy Tennison <leroy at datavoiceint.com>

And, if Ubuntu isn't pariah, even it's LTS has a reasonably current kernel.  However, the "Debian way" (Debian, Ubuntu, others) is enough different than the "Red Hat way" (RHEL, CentOS, SuSE more or less) that, if it's important to you, stick with the RPM-based options.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <sysop at w1nr.net>
To: "centos" <centos at centos.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2017 4:01:18 PM
Subject: Re: [CentOS] What RH-like on a Dell XPS 15 (9590)?

I would go with Fedora or OpenSUSE latest if you want RH like on that
hardware. There is nothing that unstable about them other than losing
updates and maintenance after 2 years and having to upgrade.

Another choice is to run Virtualbox on the Windows that shipped with the
laptop and run a CentOS 7 virtual guest.

If you REALLY need RHEL (CentOS) running on the hardware I would return
the XPS and get a Lattitude or Precision laptop. They have much better
Linux support as they tend to be more stability oriented rather than
latest and greatest hardware.

Mike