[CentOS] What RH-like on a Dell XPS 15 (9590)?

Fri Jul 28 00:35:57 UTC 2017
Kahlil Hodgson <kahlil.hodgson at dp.exchange>

I have a Dell XPS 13 (9360) with Fedora 26 installed. Very happy with it.

UEFI boot from flash drive works out of the box.

For install I needed to change the drive settings in the BIOS from the
default of RAID (what ever that means on a laptop) to AHCI. No need to
turn off secure boot.

If you want to use a DisplayLink USB display adaptor like the D3100
(commonly sold with this laptop), you might want to checkout
https://github.com/displaylink-rpm. This will require either you to
turn off secure boot or to sign the displaylink modules after they are
installed. Signing is not that hard, but is a extra step that you have
to look after.

Cheers,

Kal