[CentOS] What RH-like on a Dell XPS 15 (9590)?

Fri Jul 28 12:04:01 UTC 2017
wwp <subscript at free.fr>

Hello Kahlil,

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 10:35:57 +1000 Kahlil Hodgson <kahlil.hodgson at dp.exchange> wrote:

> I have a Dell XPS 13 (9360) with Fedora 26 installed. Very happy with it.
>
> UEFI boot from flash drive works out of the box.
>
> For install I needed to change the drive settings in the BIOS from the
> default of RAID (what ever that means on a laptop) to AHCI. No need to
> turn off secure boot.

Thanks!

I read that elsewhere, that's what I did too.

I could install F26 and run it, that will probably be my option if I
definitely fail w/ CentOS7+whatever and once I solved the UEFI config
issue (Windows overrides it everytime).

> If you want to use a DisplayLink USB display adaptor like the D3100
> (commonly sold with this laptop), you might want to checkout
> https://github.com/displaylink-rpm. This will require either you to
> turn off secure boot or to sign the displaylink modules after they are
> installed. Signing is not that hard, but is a extra step that you have
> to look after.

I'll probably use a WD15 Dock, apparently that works out of the box in
Linux too, provided that the dock firmware is up-to-date.

Regards,

--
wwp