[CentOS] C7, systemd, say what?!

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Thu Jun 8 13:28:22 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 08, 2017 at 09:15:23AM -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
> Huh. Okay, though I'm not sure when you became arbiter of this list.  If you
> don't like 'our worldview' discussions, maybe you need to find a different
> OS that suits your childish attitude.  Like Windows 95.
>
> Mailing lists now are so full of children it's hard to even use them.  Maybe
> you should leave IT if heated discussions make you uncomfortable.

I certainly would not suggest anyone leave this list or stop using
CentOS.

While I don't think we need to be yelling at each other, I do
sympathize with anyone frustrated by the continued ignorance of some
of the more vocal proponents of the systemd-haters crowd.  The CentOS
list continues to be a good resource, even if it's learning about
systemd.  Sometimes the complaints about systemd can be turned into a
learning experience (such as how fstab works).  I think that if we can
attempt to frame questions about systemd in a more positive way,
everyone would get more out of it.