[CentOS] OT - lowest power, cheapest python interpreter

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Sat Jun 10 06:54:05 UTC 2017

On 09/06/17 21:00, Andrew Holway wrote:
> I am searching for the cheapeat *nix SOC device with ethernet and wifi that
> can run Python 2.7. Ethernet should be 100mbit and hopefully supporting PXE.
>
> OT because im doubting you can squeeze our bloaty friend onto such a
> device.... :)

I would have answered "CentOS 7 on armhfp board" but your last
requirement is the one I'm not sure about : PXE boot

But it seems possible :
http://linux-sunxi.org/How_to_boot_the_A10_or_A20_over_the_network

Never tried that, but it seems that you still need to at least have
uboot on a microSD, as embedded firmware on such low cost armhfp boards
have zero features for this

Now if someone has interest in this , why not test it and report that on
the dedicated "CentOS armhfp" wiki page ?
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/Arm32  :-)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab