[CentOS] CentOS 7 install: closest mirror not supported?

Sun Jun 4 15:29:57 UTC 2017
Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>

Hi,

Do CentOS 7 installs not automatically use a closest mirror for
installing like Fedora does, or is that due to the way I'm starting
the install (virt-install)?

Background:

I'm trying to find the best way to do installs using basic local media
(network install, but *without* the need to download the squashfs.img
for every install) but without a full local mirror.  On Fedora (25),
it works fine using a local boot.iso (virt-install -l), but with
CentOS 7 you then have to manually enter a repository URL.

I also tried a local kernel/pxeboot tree with LiveOS/squashfs.img
(the latter similar to Fedora's install.img?) with no result.

Cheers,

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>
--    X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV   |   Office: +31 20 6938364