[CentOS] using autofs on C-7

Thu Jun 8 18:03:45 UTC 2017
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

Hi all!

I'm trying to set up autofs on my C7 netbook so I can automount a cifs
share (actually two) from my NAS box, and because when I'm not at home
I don't want it attempting to mount it.

so I've read several howtos on it, including the one on the CentOS Wiki.
but what I've got isn't working right, and I don't know why.

I'm trying to follow the "even-better method", but am finding I don't
understand the syntax of entries, so I'm flailing around trying different
things.

so, here's what I have now:

in /etc/auto.master:

/mnt/syno-fredex /etc/auto.syno-fredex

I added /etc/auto.syno-fredex:

/mnt/syno-fredex -fstype=cifs,rw,credentials=/root/.smbcred,defaults,uid=fredex,gid=fredex,noauto,users,exec,vers=3.0 ://nasbox/home

my goal is to mount //nasbox/home as /mnt/syno-fredex

so I do systemctl restart autofs

and it appears to restart (no messages appear).

when I then do "ls /mnt/syno-fredex" it doesn't appear to actually get
mounted, and /var/log/messages doesn't show anything.

I'd appreciate advice on this matter.

thanks in advance!

Fred
                       I can do all things through Christ