[CentOS] Need help

Mon Mar 20 21:45:04 UTC 2017
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 3/20/2017 1:25 PM, Rosenthal, Shoshana wrote:
> I figured out that the system boots OK and it is possible
> to login remotely. However the monitor does not start up.

set the system to boot into init state 3 (non-graphical) instead of
state 5 (full GUI).   to do this, edit /etc/inittab, and change the one
non-commented line in that file to read...

id:3:initdefault:

(its probably set to id:5:.... now), then reboot, and you should come up
with a text console.   Virtually ALL my servers run with text consoles
as they are headless, but if you really need X support, its easier to
debug it starting from text ...