[CentOS] get pdftk into (or from) a repo

Fri May 12 00:46:48 UTC 2017
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 05/11/2017 07:07 PM, ken wrote:
> On 05/11/2017 06:49 PM, Leon Fauster wrote:
>>> Am 11.05.2017 um 22:26 schrieb ken <gebser at mousecar.com>:
>>>
>>> pdftk used to be in a repo... or maybe it still is, but I don't know
>>> which one.  Anyone know?
>>>
>> an old one is in the "dead" rpmforge repo.
>>

> At https://www.pdflabs.com/docs/install-pdftk-on-redhat-or-centos/
> they have version 2.0 in rpm for RH/Cent5 & 6, but not 7, but there's
> also RH-friendly source code.  So it wouldn't be too much
> head-scratching to get rpms on a repo.

It's worth mentioning that this is a really nice utility for
manipulating PDFs, taking them apart, rearranging them, putting pages
together, and a whole lot more.  I've used it hundreds of times.
Probably anyone who has to work with PDFs would have need of it.