[CentOS] Kickstart ksdevice question

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Wed Nov 1 14:28:42 UTC 2017

Nux! wrote:
> Hello,
>
> ksdevice specifies which NIC to be used during the network install.
>
> The new naming conventions indeed make this more complicated than it needs
> to be. To go back to the old naming scheme (eth0, eth1 ...) just add this
> to boot parameters (kernel cmdline):
> biosdevname=0 net.ifnames=0

Yes! Actually, the other admin I work with and I were just bitching about
that a few minutes ago. I have no idea who thought the new enpxsyz was a
"good idea", but for 99% of us, I look at the back of a system, and I want
to know which one. the enxyz is significantly less than useful.

Now, if only there were some tool, like there used to be HERD, to figure
out on my supermicro which DIMM is complaining.... You'd think IMPI would
do it, but nooooo....

        mark