[CentOS] C6 and xfce

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Nov 14 13:02:40 UTC 2017

On 11/13/17 18:34, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 11/13/2017 11:26 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>     Did I miss something?
>
> You left out the details of what you actually did.  Should we guess?  :)
>
> My guess is: you ran "startx".  That starts a session as the user that runs
> "startx"

Excuse me, but there's no need for insults. You know perfectly well that I'm a
professional sysadmin, and that I've been here for years.

It's a Netbook. I yum groupinstalled xfce, created an /etc/sysconfig/desktop,
added a line in /etc/X11/prefdm to include xfce, copying one of the other
lines, and rebooted. It came in in runlevel 5, no login.

In other words, what I'd do with any other display manager.

	mark