[CentOS] NoScript allow scripts globally reversible?

Thu Nov 2 12:46:29 UTC 2017
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Wed, November 1, 2017 10:51, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> I'm running NoScript because otherwise Firefox freezes up a lot.
> Recently I've had difficulty accessing a site.
> I suspect the reason is that it uses redirection in a way that
> frustrates my efforts to give it permission.
> To test the notion, I'm considering temporarily allowing script
> globally.
> How hard is it to reverse?
> Will I need to redo previous permissions one at a time?

The way I handle this is by creating a special profile which has no
extensions or security settings.

Inside your desktop manager open a terminal session and run 'firefox
-P --no-remote'  The no-remote option opens a new Firefox window and
session whether or not you already have one running.  Then press
'Create Profile', give it a name, and use that whenever you get into a
Firefox / Extensions conflict on a particular web site.

I have my Firefox panel launcher set up to use 'firefox -P
--no-remote' always. Tthis allows me vastly more flexibility dealing
with multiple websites at the price of a trivial delay during the
browser start-up.

This problem is the result of recent changes made to the extensions
interface. I can hardly wait to see what is broken with v57.

Canada  L8E 3C3