[CentOS] Possibly [OT] ansible vmware inventory plugin

Thu Nov 9 11:18:50 UTC 2017
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 11/08/2017 12:37 PM, Mark Haney wrote:
> This might be OT, but it is CentOS related.  I've been running Ansible
> on C7 for a handful of months now, and updated to 2.4 as soon as it was
> available. I've been building inventories by hand in that time (mostly
> due to the fact we had no actual documentation on the managed external
> customer servers). However, as we have a multiple VMware clusters,
> thought it might be time to tinker with dynamic inventories.  The
> problem is that the vmware_inventory.py script didn't come with 2.4 in
> CentOS 7, even though it's in the stable branch.  I'm curious, is this a
> deliberate omission on the CentOS maintainers part?  I couldn't find a
> package that included it.
>
> Am I missing something obvious?

If you are talking about this Ansible:

https://git.centos.org/summary/rpms!ansible

Then that is as provided by Red Hat for RHEL-7 Extras.  We (I) don't
make any changes to the source code, it is built source code as released
for RHEL.

As to why the do things or do not do things, I have no idea.