[CentOS] [Slightly OT] Use CentOS to create a bootable Mac OS X DVD from dmg file?

Sat Sep 23 16:59:44 UTC 2017
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

> Am 23.09.2017 um 14:23 schrieb Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>:
>
> Sorry if this is only half-CentOS-related.
>
> In my office, I'm running CentOS on all my systems (server, workstation,
> laptop, sandbox PCs). A colleague brought me her MacBook Pro to upgrade
> it from OS X 10.5.7 to 10.11.6.
>
> I downloaded the 5.8 GB dmg file and now I wonder how to create a
> bootable DVD with this using only Linux tools.

I'm sure that the downloaded "image" is not the "image" that will
be used to boot and install the new system. take a look here

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

--
LF