[CentOS] [Slightly OT] Use CentOS to create a bootable Mac OS X DVD from dmg file?

Sat Sep 23 23:38:41 UTC 2017
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 23/09/2017 à 19:36, Remik.ca a écrit :
> If you are just upgrading, you don't need to burn any DVDs.  Just mount the dmg and run the included installer.
>
> You'd only need to burn the DVD if you wanted to wipe the MBP and do a clean install.
>
> Or - use Recovery Mode and do entire macOS installation over the internet, no boot DVDs required, just internet access (wired of wifi).  It will download the OS files directly from Apple servers and install on the local machine.
> file:///home/kikinovak/ISO/CentOS/CentOS-7-x86_64-LiveKDE-1708

Long story short, I can't seem to upgrade this thing.

But the good news is, I've booted a few Linux Live CDs, and I think I'll
just replace Mac OS X with CentOS 7, if possible.

Anyone here with experience on installing CentOS on a MacBook Pro? This
model is from 2009. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), Apple
hardware always uses EFI.

What can I expect? Flawless installation or countless hours of suffering
due to completely unexpected problems?

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat