[CentOS] Semi-OT: install python package in userspace

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Apr 6 19:04:43 UTC 2018

Valeri Galtsev wrote:
<snip>
> [...]
<snip>
> Mark, python is a "sneaky snake" ;-) and some modules may require
> particular version of dependencies, therefore they may ignore your
> system wide numpy (even though it may just may be compatible with them),
> and may demand latest version of numpy. Which will explain pip (or
> other) attempting to pull dependencies which allegedly are available
> system wide already.
>
> Just speculating, your own research on your particular issue may give
> your better answer.
<snip>
Well, my manager came back, and he's got me using virtenv. Having read
about it, I like it.  Oh, and the issue with the system numpy in
site-packages was that, for some reason, it was *not* world-readable.
Fixed that.

So, I'm working on trying to install scipy in the virtenv... and for
unknown reasons, it simply can't find the system libs. I did this before
the last attempt to
export LAPACK=/usr/lib64/liblapack.so.3
export BLAS=/usr/lib64/libblas.so.3
and just added export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64
Still can't find them.

Clues on this one?

        mark