[CentOS] Down C6 ALL without torrent ?

Always Learning centos at u68.u22.net
Thu Apr 19 09:04:31 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-04-19 at 09:40 +0100, John Hodrien wrote:

> > On Wed, April 18, 2018 8:36 pm, Always Learning wrote:

> >> I have an aversion to using anything that comes from unknown sources, as
> >> used by Torrent.

> Can we also challenge this "torrents are untrustworthy" attitude.

Having, successfully so far, resisted/repelled several devious attacks
from the Russians, I am keen to maintain a clean, and thus secure,
system as possible.

> You can be given an ISO from a shady character under a railway bridge,

I'd throw it away unused. Do not want the associated risks.

> Also, why not just make your life easy and do a netinstall?

That's a good idea. Never done one of them before. I can put C6 on a CD
and a USB and boot from either.

>  That way you
> don't have to try to do anything you're not comfortable with.

Comfort-ability is not my criteria. The BIOS is supposed to be 4 or 5
years old. It won't boot from DVDs, yet it will boot from zip disks and
other historic relics (LH120, I think one of the other choices was).

Have a nice day.

Thank you.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.