[CentOS] Down C6 ALL without torrent ?

Thu Apr 19 21:22:17 UTC 2018
Mark Milhollan <mlm at pixelgate.net>

On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, John Hodrien wrote:
>On Thu, 19 Apr 2018, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>>On Wed, April 18, 2018 8:36 pm, Always Learning wrote:

>>>I have a machine with a BIOS that does not permit DVD installation. It
>>>accepts everything else including some old superseded media types.

Doesn't sound 4 to 5 years old, sounds 14 or 15 years old.

>>>Is it possible to download C6 combined parts 1 and 2 not using Torrent ?

Only manually as they are distinct ISO images, each of which would have
to be obtained first then some work done to merge them.  The CentOS
project could produce an all-on-one image but I don't know if it would
be popular enough for them to expend the energy -- maybe see if a SIG
can be formed for the purpose.

>Why is a torrent source any worse than a copy off any of the official mirrors?

No reason should be necessary, but I've found it difficult to explain to
security departments, and from time to time it attracts unwanted
attention and can take a while for the incoming connections to stop (on
a very limited bandwidth and/or high RTT service this can be quite
annoying).

>Also, why not just make your life easy and do a netinstall?  That way you
>don't have to try to do anything you're not comfortable with.

Typically because a network connection isn't available and/or wanted
during install.  There's also the CentOS provided iPXE service if
netinstall is acceptable, or a local netinstall e.g., using cobbler.

/mark