[CentOS] Down C6 ALL without torrent ?

Fri Apr 20 06:49:29 UTC 2018
Always Learning <centos at u68.u22.net>

On Thu, 2018-04-19 at 18:59 -0400, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> On 19 April 2018 at 05:04, Always Learning <centos at u68.u22.net> wrote:
> > Comfort-ability is not my criteria. The BIOS is supposed to be 4 or 5
> > years old. It won't boot from DVDs, yet it will boot from zip disks and
> > other historic relics (LH120, I think one of the other choices was).

I was shocked when it would not install from a DVD.

> As with others.. this sounds 15 years old. If it says it is 4 or 5
> years old.. I would be more leery of the hardware than torrents.

Can't explain the "relic" new BIOS received in February 2013.

> Get a cdrom with CD1 data as this installs 99% of my systems I have
> dealt with. [I think out of a couple hundred, that 2 or 3 needed
> anything from the second disk when installing some obscure thing.] The
> second disk is mostly stuff you can install later. If you need more
> than that, you need to mirror the distribution locally and set up a
> pxe/tftpboot system which points to that mirror.

Thank you. I like your idea of doing a DD from DVD1 to a USB stick and
installing from the USB.

Have a nice day.

--
Regards,

Paul.
England, EU.      England's place is in the European Union.
Exclusively Windoze-free for circa 10 years.
Exclusively Centos with great pleasure and happiness.