[CentOS] GNOME lockscreen freeze on notification

Fri Aug 17 21:37:06 UTC 2018
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Hi,

I just installed CentOS 7 with GNOME on my new Dell Latitude E6230
laptop. So far, everything runs nicely. I just have one problem with the
GNOME lockscreen.

I launched the OwnCloud client and started to synchronize about 20 GB of
data from my OwnCloud server. During the sync, I left the laptop
unattended. After about 15 minutes, the desktop was replaced by the
lockscreen, as it should.

As soon as the OwnCloud sync was finished, there was a corresponding
notification that displayed on the lockscreen.

Usually I hit [Enter] to exit the lockscreen by providing my user
password. Only this time nothing happened. The lockscreen seemed to have
frozen with the notification in the center. To exit it, I had to hard
reset my laptop.

Anyone knows what could be the problem here?

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr