[CentOS] GNOME lockscreen freeze on notification

Sat Aug 18 04:06:16 UTC 2018
Yan Li <elliot.li.tech at gmail.com>

On 08/17/2018 02:37 PM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> I just installed CentOS 7 with GNOME on my new Dell Latitude E6230
> laptop. So far, everything runs nicely. I just have one problem with the
> GNOME lockscreen.
>
> I launched the OwnCloud client and started to synchronize about 20 GB of
> data from my OwnCloud server. During the sync, I left the laptop
> unattended. After about 15 minutes, the desktop was replaced by the
> lockscreen, as it should.
>
> As soon as the OwnCloud sync was finished, there was a corresponding
> notification that displayed on the lockscreen.
>
> Usually I hit [Enter] to exit the lockscreen by providing my user
> password. Only this time nothing happened. The lockscreen seemed to have
> frozen with the notification in the center. To exit it, I had to hard
> reset my laptop.
>
> Anyone knows what could be the problem here?

Not sure if the notification caused your problem or if it was a red
herring. I always receive tons of notifications while my screen is
locked, Slack, Firefox (Facebook, Google Calendar, etc), Thunderbird,
etc. None of them has ever caused any problem with the GNOME lockscreen.

--
Yan Li