[CentOS] kickstart configuration is working fine but some questions

Pete Biggs

pete at biggs.org.uk
Fri Dec 28 11:11:47 UTC 2018

> 1)
> The installation stops in the last screen "installation finished" and
> doesn't switch to the login-screen.

It won't "switch" to the login screen - the system will reboot if you
have the command "reboot" in the kickstart file.

> 2)
> How can I configure the profile for users to answer all question that
> are asked after the first login.

The initial setup is called "firstboot" - you need both the firstboot
package installed and "firstboot --enable" in the kickstart file.

All these things are documented in the RedHat kickstart reference at

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/installation_guide/sect-kickstart-syntax

P.