[CentOS] [Fwd: Centos 7.6 and Aeskulap]

Fri Dec 28 14:38:25 UTC 2018
Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec at PoMec.Net>

> I tried to compile aeskulap on Centos 7.6 by using the commands ./configure followed by
> make which resulted in the following errors :

Attempting to build this way is next to pointless and will likely show
you errors completely unrelated to why the package won't properly build.

> make[4]: *** [dimoimg.o] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/aeskulap-0.2.2-
> beta1/dcmtk/dcmimgle/libsrc'
> make[3]: *** [libsrc-all] Error 2
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/aeskulap-0.2.2-beta1/dcmtk/dcmimgle'
> make[2]: *** [dcmimgle-libsrc-all] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/aeskulap-0.2.2-beta1/dcmtk'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/rpmbuild/SOURCES/aeskulap-0.2.2-beta1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

...and even if you were building it correctly you completely skipped the
actual errors here.  What you've shown can't be used in any significant
way to help.

> I downloaded the source files from :
>
> http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el7/SRPMS/aeskulap-0.2.2-0.17beta1.el7.nux.src.rpm

As you've already stated and shown here this is a package from a
3rd-party repo, and as such is not supported by the CentOS project.  If
Nux can't help you then I suggest you look for the package elsewhere or
try to (properly) build it yourself.  Unfortunately neither of these
options is supported here.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I have very little experience and knowledge with
reference to compiling source code.  Thank you for letting me know what I did was not
correct.  I had contacted the maintainer, and he was helpful but has so far been unable to
compile aeskulap on 7.6.  I am certainly low on the learning curve compiling source code,
but thought this problem might be a good place to start gleaning how to do this.  aeskulap
is part of Fedora 29, and works perfectly on F29.

Do you have any idea what changes were made in Centos 7.6 from 7.5 that may have
contributed to the aeskulap failure.

Greg