[CentOS] upgrading 7.5 ==> 7.6

Sun Dec 30 20:50:10 UTC 2018
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 12/25/18 12:33 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> I just took a look at the md devices in my raid1, and it seems pretty
> weird. they were all created by the installer (Anaconda) when I first
> installed C7, yet 3 of them are 1.2 and one is 1.0.

1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 are the same, except for where in the volume they are
located.  1.0 is at the end of the volume, which makes it compatible
with software that is ignorant of md RAID (such as UEFI), so it will be
used for the /boot/efi system partition. Generally, 1.2 is preferred
(since the volume can be resized without affecting the metadata
location) and will be used for all other volumes.